March 29, 2021
As a global company with customers in nearly every country in the world, here at XEOX protecting the personal data of our customers and their end-users is, and has always been, of the utmost priority.
This policy details how XEOX its affiliated companies (“hs2n” or “hs2n GmbH” or “we” or “us”) and the associated website treat the personal information that we collect, what settings we provide for you to control how your information is used on XEOX, and how you can contact us with any questions or concerns. This policy is not a contract between XEOX and its users, but is merely a recitation of XEOX’s policies. Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. This policy may change from time to time, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
How we collect personal information
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the websites xeox.com or any of their affiliated websites (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. It also applies to information we collect:
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us
- through mobile and desktop applications you download from our Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy
- through any other sources associated with our Website
Categories of Data Subjects and Data Collected
XEOX only collects data from users who either join, or engage with, the XEOX Websites and products. XEOX is committed to only collecting data that is necessary for XEOX to provide the content and services of the XEOX products.
Children Under the Age of 18:
Information We Collect About You:
Depending on which services you choose to use, XEOX collects several types of information from and about users of our Website, including: Name, Contact Information (e.g. physical address, email address, phone number), Company Name.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us
- automatically as you navigate through the site
Information You Provide to Us:
You may also provide information to XEOX such as the following:
- information that you provide by filling in forms
- information provided at the time of registering to use XEOX Websites
- information when you enter a promotion sponsored by XEOX
- information when you report a problem with XEOX Websites
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact XEOX
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes
- details of transactions you carry out through the XEOX Websites and of the fulfillment of your orders
- financial information before placing an order through the XEOX Websites
- your search queries on the XEOX Websites
- visit or participate in our online community
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the community or transmitted to other users of the community or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages and you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies:
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. This will only be collected if you have explicitly consented to it. This information includes:
- details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests
- speed up your searches
- recognize you when you return to our Website
We do not handle or monitor “Do Not Track” signals, but we do provide you with the ability to control certain cookies and similar tracking technologies.
Basis for Processing
XEOX processes data based on:
- your consent
- your legitimate interests in maintaining and running the site and services.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Messages from XEOX. On occasion, XEOX will send you messages, that are service related (e.g. welcome messages, confirmation notices), related to your activity on the site, or related to updates and changes to the site or services. By default these are through email though you may opt to receive text messages or physical mail. We will only send you messages if you have consented to receiving such communications and you may opt out of these messages by contacting Customer Service. XEOX also offers optional email newsletters to which you may subscribe or unsubscribe under your account settings, by following the instructions contained in the newsletter emails, or by providing an email address.
XEOX only provides your data to third party recipients who are necessary to provide XEOX’ services or content, where necessary to the conduct of the business, or where legally required. Your personal information may be disclosed:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of XEOX’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by XEOX about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent;
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of XEOX, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
In some cases we may disclose aggregated and deidentified information, which does not identify any individual, to certain third parties.
Data Retention Period
XEOX will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you no longer want XEOX to use your information to provide you services, you may follow the “Withdrawal of Consent/Erasure” provision below. After closing your account, XEOX will solely use your information as necessary to comply with any applicable legal obligations.
Security Policies for Data
XEOX has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
XEOX follows accepted industry best practices and standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once XEOX receives it.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
You have the right to have any inaccurate data corrected by XEOX.
You have the right to request that XEOX delete your data it holds.
You also have the right to request access to your data.
You have the right request that XEOX make your data portable to another data controller.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to our continued processing of your personal data.
To exercise any of the above rights, email email@example.com. Your request should include your name, company name and email address. You can also review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
*Note* that we cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. Please understand that, without access to your personal data, XEOX may not be able to provide certain services. For example, XEOX will not be able to send you communications, sales, offers, newsletters. Additionally, it may be impossible for XEOX to fulfill purchases or sales without access to personal information.
We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
XEOX will endeavor to address all requests as quickly as possible, but in no more than thirty (30) days.
Data Processing Officer
You can contact the XEOX Data Processing Officer by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions, concerns, or suggestions you can contact us, by sending an email to email@example.com or at:
Hs2n Informationstechnologie GmbH